The internet is better than those old english to german dictionaries, but it is still pain in the ass to always open up a browser, enter the url and then the word you search for, even if you've added the page to your favs. I prefer using my yakuake console for such stuff.
Thats why I decided to code a little perl script doing the lookup for me, and presenting the results in colored-console fashion. It is based upon dict.leo.org, one of the best english to german dictionaries to be found online.
After getting the game I first tried to install it via wine. It worked but the sound did not, at least not properly. So I consulted the online world for help and found out that you can install it natively on the mac - its java baby.
Get the inofficial java installer, install the game to ~/EdnaAndHarvey. Now you can play the game from console by cd-ing to the install dir and typing
java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -jar EbaMain.exe w
If this gives you some error-trace "bad version number in .class file" you have to switch the java-version to 1.6. You may start it by typing
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Commands/java -Xms256M -Xmx512M -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -jar EbaMain.exe w
For enhancing the comfort when starting the game you may also write a bash-script or even better:
Bundle it to an app using platypus.
Paste the line above in a new script, open the hardy icon in preview and drag it in platypus' icon-field, set output to none, uncheck "Remains running after initial execution" and dont add anything to bundle in with yet - or it takes you a long time to pack. After the app has been created open it with a right-click and "show package content..." copy the content of your install-folder (~/EdnaAndHardy) to "Contents/Resources". You can delete the jre1.6.0_06 folder, which will save you about 80 Megz, thats not much compared to a 6.6 Gigz game, but it wont hurt.
Enjoy the game...
today I installed you. Then I did some minor changes to the template, added the obligatory key-shield-turtle logo, deleted obsolete timestamps, and tweeked the default date-format to something that looks like a treky stardate but is still human readable.
I know that one is old (%Y%m%d.%H%M) - well, I would have preferred something in binary or hexadecimal system, but it seems as if smarty-templates and especially the php-date-method is not capable of such things. That depresses me a little, maybe I should have choosen an other blog system, that is more natural php-coded ... or maybe i will try to overload the date-method completely and add support for a native stardate and hexadecimal output.
That will be a nice todo for sunday, when i have to deal with the common hangover ...